Tuesday, January 31, 2012

first video

This is the video that I tried to show all of you in class on Saturday. I appreciate feedback -- you can email your comments too if you want. This scares the pants off of me to become so vulnerable in my work but it needs to happen. I feel as if I have been hiding behind my work and it's time to let it all out there.
                The whole video is about 4 minutes. I see this as something that would be projected on a wall in a loop; so if you don't watch the whole thing, no big deal. I'm still working with a couple of ideas for sound too. 

2 comments:

  1. Both videos have a kind of eerieness to me and power that I cannot fully explain. You can definately tell that there's a story there...i am curious how someone who doesn't know you and your story would react to this piece. Would it be more or less powerful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love and admire your bravery with being able to show yourself crying and in front of a camera/have it recorded/documented, no less. (I wouldn't have the "balls" to do this) My compassion is triggered greatly in watching this and I do like that it is black and white, clean, eery. I wonder what different sounds will do to the "feel" of this. It is interesting to experience it without sound.

    ReplyDelete