Friday, February 3, 2012

taking baby steps...

It's interesting what a high amount of stress and coincidental quotations of forgiveness and happiness will do to you. I started thinking about my dad, the process of grief, the means to make like normal again. Although, most of us know by now that it never returns to normal, we can only trick our brains to think it is. I guess that's part of the obsession when I think about it: my dad wasn't too apparent in my life to begin with, so sometimes I don't realize that he isn't gone, and then when I do, I go through the grief all over again. 
So with that, I started thinking about the process of getting over it, which seems harsh, but it's what we as a society always say...I think I'm getting into a whole new category here...

This video is an experimentation of what it means to take "baby steps". I thought I would start pulling from my dance background and utilize my feet to show pressure, instability, stress, control, attempts of control, etc. I still want to do more with the video itself, but at home I only have the very basic movie editor -- so I'll be hitting the computer lab tomorrow. 

3 comments:

  1. It's courageous Caitlyn. I think black and white, white dress, simple wooden floor boards..all add to its
    beauty. Good stuff. What's next for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, wow, this really fantastic. Everything Naomi said plus the speed of the film. I don't know how you altered it (or if you did) but its jarring enough that it really makes you watch closely and pay attention.

    Also, (on a technical note) I don't know if your videos just don't have sound, or they do and its not playing on my computer.

    ReplyDelete