Friday, March 16, 2012

watch "Cherry Blossoms"...NOW!

So I watched "Cherry Blossoms" tonight, directed by Doris Dorrie. The film is absolutely breath-taking and so touching. This is an excerpt from the movie - a beatiful scene where a Butoh dancer, Yu explains Butoh to Rudi as he roams Japan after the loss of his wife. As soon as I saw it, I literally jumped out of my seat and said, "Why didn't I know about this before?!" I know I posted about this already, but this scene pretty much summed up what I want to do with Butoh and how I think it would be helpful to use it (both as a means of conveying a message and for myself). The clip is a little long - you really only have to watch the first half of it to know what I'm talking about. I still have the movie from the library until the 23rd - movie night anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment