Friday, November 16, 2012

I lied...

So obviously when I said more to come soon, I lied. So much has happened. Where to start?

Well, since my last post, I had been working on a continuing list which is what I call "rules of engagement" when it comes to my dad. These are brief statements that relate to things he did, things he said to me, or just little quirks that I always remember about him.
Here is a link to the full list: http://www.caitlinpeck.com/rules-of-engagement---list.html
 From there, I began making work and I created this drawing:
The coordinating rule with this is: 'short shorts and long socks are appropriate.' because my dad wore these embarrassingly short shorts usually in an awful 80s tracksuit teal or purple and long white socks because the man didn't own any other kind of socks. I then felt the need to create this in 3 dimensions, which led to the sculpture:


Since then, the work has continued to grow. The drawing in this post and a photograph of the installation of the WAITING video on this blog (the red mask with the white background), were selected for the Portfolio section of CRED magazine, a local Philadelphia magazine featuring artists 25 years old and younger.

Much more has been done since then (this was in mid-August) and more will come soon! (this time I promise for real). But I think this is enough for this blog post for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment