Thursday, March 1, 2012

definitely in progress...but...

This is definitely in progress, but I thought I would post it up here to give it some time by Saturday when we meet to talk about our work. I definitely plan on adding sound to this one. It doesn't quite work without it. I'm thinking chopped up reading/music -- or perhaps something really smooth to contrast the jumpiness of the video? I'll try both options.
I have another mask in the works (first I have to find where I put it...wah wah) for another video.

I also just got some gifts for myself via Amazon:
Women & Experimental Filmmaking edited by Jean Petrolle and Virginia Wright Wexamn
Feelings are Facts: A Life by Yvonne Rainer
Foul Perfection: Essays and Criticism by Mike Kelley
I'm so excitied to start!

2 comments:

  1. Like I told you in person, I love how this piece turned out on video; the eery quality, the skewed color and how you turn into, what looks like, a character/an entity with this form on your head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to pass along a prospectus for a Digital Works competition at the gallery that i used to work for (LBIF). Any one of your videos would be an awesome entry and the show has a great juror: Christiane Paul, who i met a few years ago at the LBIF. It's always a great show http://lbifoundation.org/programs/NJC2012prospectus.pdf

    ReplyDelete